- 1/2 cup Spanish Onion coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice fresh squeezed!
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Jay's Wicked Habanero Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper fresh ground is best!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg fresh grated is best!
- 2 whole Scallions coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 2 1/2 pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 whole Lime cut into wedges
- 1 small handful Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Place first 12 ingredients into a blender and process until well blended.
- Place the chicken thighs into a gallon size resealable bag or a dish large enough to hold everything.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and make sure all the pieces are thoroughly coated. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight is even better.
- Get an outdoor gas or charcoal grill really hot. Grill the chicken until there are nice dark grill marks on both sides. Don't worry if the chicken isn't cooked through at this point. Place the chicken into a baking dish, then cover with foil.
- Finish the chicken in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and starts to pull apart.
- Serve over rice and garnish with the chopped cilantro and a wedge of lime! You could also use this as a taco filling and would be great with some jalapeno lime cole slaw!
Share this Recipe